Thursday, April 01, 2010

This is me

So this is me, Julie, the face behind Julie Boyles Books.  (literally!)  Ok, I edited out some of the dark circles, and bags under my eyes, but on a good day, this is what I look like.  I know in the past couple of years I've shared a little about myself, but now I'm going to share a little bit more just in case you were wondering.  

Don't let the gray hair fool you!  I'm not as old as you maybe think I look, but again, on a good day I can be pretty wise.  I'm a wife, mom, daughter, sister, and aunt.  My days are spent divided between making journals, spending time on the computer taking care of my shops, doing Mom duties, and then usually back to making journals.  I have 2 sons ages 15 and 13, and my daughter is 10. Just take a good look at those ages...Need I say more?  My husband is retired National Guard and now is a civilian contractor for the National Guard.  I've talked about him before here.
 Lets see, other notable tidbits,
  • Even though I make my home in Indiana now, I'm still a Buckeye at heart
  • I love playing in a handbell choir, and would really like to play the large chimes
  • My favorite reading is fiction.  Any time I hear about a non fiction book I would like to read, I secretly hope my bff Lisa will read it for me and just tell me what it's about
  • My oldest son is so much like me when I was his age, it scares me!
  • I'm left handed
  • Someday when we retire, I hope Benny and I can find a little house in Zionsville Village that's just big enough for the two of us with maybe one extra bedroom for the future grandkids. 
Phew, that's enough for now! In truth, I'm not all that complicated.  God, Family, Friends, and work just about sums it all up! 


The thing I would rather talk about is journals!  Here's the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, are you ready......

The Annual "Write It Down Event"
starts Monday April 5!This year is going to be even bigger than last year.  I'm so excited about the special journals I have planned.  They are beautiful, and the Spare Journal to Share is even better too.  I'll share more details tomorrow. 

I hope you can sleep tonight since you're so full of anticipation.   

Until tomorrow.......... 

1 comment:

safetysuzie said...

Third times a charm. The problem was with my Google account. Just wanted to let you know this is a great site, nice looking, too. Love the pics of the kids. Boy have they grown up. I'm not much for journaling but if I were, I'd buy your journals. I tried this even bought a book about journaling to improve my creativity (that's something you probably didn't know about me, every time I get interested in something I buy a book about it (drives Pedro nuts). Hope you get lots of comments. Facebook should help and it will draw more people to your store.