Sunday, February 21, 2010

Brand New Recycled Paper Journals!








Don't you just love it when a great idea finally comes to life! I've been thinking about these new eco friendly journals since before the holidays. Several prototypes were made, and I'm so excited with the end result! These journals with the name "ReWrite" are made of Kraft colored Chipboard pages and covers. They are perfect bound with a strong glue and quarter bound with fabric scraps. (which I have a seemingly endless supply of)

I didn't want the fabric to ravel so I treated them first with a fabric stiffener then used pinking shears for the front and back edges. Not only are the edges more sturdy, they look great too.

ReWrite journals boast 100 pages (counting both sides) of chipboard. The pages are thick, but not too thick....just right for writing with a marker, or sketching.

I hope you'll go check out these great earth friendly journals in my Etsy Shop, and very soon to be on my Website!

No comments: