Monday, August 03, 2009

Rampin' It Up!

It's that time of year. August brings the beginning of the end of summer, school stuff, and ramping up journal production for the upcoming holiday season! The kids and I are finishing up old projects, cleaning the house, setting up study areas for each of them (in hopes that they will use them), and I've been very busy preparing journals.
There are about this many more on the other side of the table too. It's exciting isn't it! After the first of the year I got tired of being isolated in my studio all the time so I moved most of my work out to the kitchen table, then that got to be too much also. Now I have a large table set up in our living room off to one side so I can be a part of everything that goes on. It's really worked well for us (except if I have to watch one more episode of Hannah Montana, or iCarley, I think I might lose it!)

I have some really exciting things in the planning stages for fall and the holidays! A hardcover, leather exposed binding journal, refillable pocket calendars, and refillable planners are just a few things in the works here! I'm trying to stay on top of the game here because I also have more exciting news!
I have recently re-joined the CCA Gallery! This is an exciting development, and I couldn't be happier to be back there. This time instead of joining the gallery with my paintings, I'll be offering journals. I've been looking to grow into the "real world" with my journals instead of only online sales and this will make a great fit! The CCA Gallery is moving to the Brick Street Mall on Main Street in Zionsville which will be a great thing for the gallery and for Zionsville! We're having a grand opening on Friday Aug 7 during the First Friday Gallery Walk. If you're in the area, stop by and see this new space, it is going to be fantastic!

So with getting ready for school, fall, the holidays, and filling up my space for the CCA Gallery I've been working night and day to get enough done. I have great hopes for the next few months and I'll try to take you along for the ride! I'll post some photos of the new gallery later this week!

Back to work!

No comments: